Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bloatedness


4 more days to Hari Raya and I dah raya..

Lost about 3kgs when we first started Ramadhan. And 1st day into my menses today, and I feel as fat as a damn pig! Bleuurrgggh!!!!!

My tummy has never been flat - like ever.. but today it's super duper mega jiggly! My God!
It has bothered me so much today to the point that I bothered googling about it and found out why.

A search says - Prior to menstruation, women lose a bit of their progesterone hormone and when your body senses that there is less progesterone hormone to be broken down, the brain sends a signal to the kidneys to retain sodium and water. At the same time, an anti-diuretic hormone is released which then causes more water to be retained. So water retained in the body = bloatedness = friggin weight gain! Damnit!

And ironically - to get rid of water retention, one needs to drink a lot more water. I hope this passes soon enough, coz I have my raya attire to get into in 4 days time!

No comments: