Saturday, November 15, 2008

Guitar Classes at Guitar Legend


I finally made that move. And went to the Guitar Gallery in Bangi's Section 15 yesterday with my little one - Zarif. I have been eyeing this Gallery for the longest time. Apparently this Guitar Gallery has its HQ in KL's Jalan Ampang. and is quite famous for its range of guitars - new, used, vintage etc. I finally went upstairs to the store yesterday - and was quite sheepish to find myself in the company of 4 other teenage men and a young lady. All of them looked at me and my 4-year-old boy, eager to know what we were doing there.

Then Zarif said it - "Abang nak main guitar and drums." Much to the awe and smiles of these men and that lady. :) Now, that said it all. So I asked if they offered guitar lessons for little ones. - Refering to Zarif specifically. Drums, no - they said coz he's still small and his legs cant even reach the floor, but they said yes for the guitar lesson, but I needed to purchase a small guitar for him. That costs about RM180 and they will need to order 1, upon my confirmation.

Lessons is once a week, half an hour per lesson - any day or time (quite flexible) and the lessons about 2 hours a month will cost RM80. Registration is RM20, but a deposit of the first month's lesson and last month's lesson is required, making it a initial total of RM180.

Zarif seems keen, and since he didnt enjoy himself at Yamaha's Junior Music Classes - I thought I'd pursue what he is interested in. I thought the staff at Guitar Gallery seemed quite cool too. I think my son's on the way to be an awesome young individual. What do you think? Should I start him on these guitar classes?

Oh, and I noticed they had vocal classes too - maybe I should enrol my Nina once she's up for it. Hehe. Either that, or Mommy herself will go. Hahah.

4 comments:

anfield devotee said...

"When I stand next to a mountain . . . Gonna chop it down with the edge of my hand . . ."

Yup, a real Voodoo Chile la yer Zarif!

KaiserSoze said...

That would be so cool! If he starts playing at 4, maybe at 6 he'll have his own solo concert and follow in the footsteps of Hendrix, Malmsteen, Clapton and other guitar legends!

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

yea Zarif...rock on!

psychomocha said...

AD, kaisersoze and Kerp - Thanks for the motivation. Will tell Zarif y'all think he rocks! ;)