Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fooking leave me alone..

Last Thursday, the 6th November 2008, my younger sister, Sofia finally gave birth to her baby boy - after carrying him for 39 weeks. So I decided to meet up with my hubby after work at the hospital - Hospital Pakar AnNur Bandar Baru Bangi - to pay Sofia and her baby a little visit, after I had also gone to fetch the children (my son, Zarif and my daughter Nina, as well as Faris, my nephew) from the babysitter's.

We went, got there about 7pm. Also met my Mom there and all was ok. Baby was doing ok - still in the Intensive Nursery, but doing ok. Sofia was recovering well too. We spent a good half an hour there and then decided that we should let mommy and baby rest and head straight for home.

As we were going down to the lobby of the hospital, I told my Mom that she needed to follow me to my car to take Faris's school bag. She said she will follow us down in a while as she wanted to have some mother to daughter talk with Sofia. It was drizzling outside. So then hubby sent my kids to the car first whilst I went to go grab Faris's schoolbag to pass to my Mom. Since it was drizzling, I waited for my mom under these lil gazebos, just outside the hospital. Whilst I waited there, I noticed a man - not that much older than myself - just sitting there doing nothing, in the dark.

I know he was watching. Then I spotted my mom and Faris, and signalled them to come to the gazebo. This man was still watching us. I could see he took turns to look at my mother and myself and our little family. As I handed over the schoolbag to my mom, he then stood up and turned to look at me, and passed me this little folded brochure.

His only words - Nah, ambik ni. This is for you. . Semoga Allah memberkati Puan dan keluarga Puan.

I thought that was very thoughtful. He didnt hand anything to my mom. Only to me.

My mom said thank you too and we left.

I didnt open the brochure immediately as I had to drive home with the kids in the car and it was dark. But when we stopped at a traffic light - I was intrigued by what was in this brochure. When I opened it - my jaw dropped.

The contents were as attached:

I was speechless and flabbergasted. I just remembered saying - My God. This guy.. only to have my Zarif asking - Kenapa, Mommy?

Yes, I am a Muslim woman and I know I am not the ideal Muslim woman. I dont cover my head, I dont wear the tudung and yes I know, when I walk - I walk and I look straight with my chest out (but I dont go shoving my boobs into people's faces...) So to have someone just pass something like this to you right smack in your face was something I, needless to say, would have expected the least.

Yes, I have also toyed with the idea of wearing tudung. But I feel you dont have to do it, if you're not ready. If my family accepts me for who I am, (my hubby doesnt mind me not covering up)why should you - a stranger - have a problem with me? Why do they have to print these lil flyers and pass it to the 'uncovered' Muslim women, and make them feel so shitty and guilty for not being the ideal Muslim woman?

I dont go stepping on no one's toes. So, NO - Don't come stepping on mine. To that stranger - if I ever see you under that gazebo again with lil flyers in your hand, I will not hesitate to come give you my two cents worth.

7 comments:

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

i am not the best of person to preach about our wonderful religion but in this case we both know covering our aurat is wajib. having said that, i'd feel insulted too if someone approaches me in that manner. lets get real, we dont need a moral police to dictate how we should dress up. susah la, our society ni is full of holier-than-thou type. when you try to rebut they will be the first to accuse you of being anti-hadith and too liberalised. nothing new there, kan?

my conscience is clear, i'll put on anything that pleases me esp clothes i'm comfortable in. as long tak nyusahkan hidup orang lain, i believe thats noble enough.

psychomocha said...

Thank God someone else agrees with me. Thanks Kerp.

anfield devotee said...

"Don't go shoving me boobs in people's faces . . ."

Hmmmmmmm . . .

On second thought, nay comments . . . (*snigger*)

ps: fook da old fooker la. wanker.

Unknown said...

Oca girl hahahaha call me I slap him 2x fer you hahahha

I agree with you when you're ready do it not like the tudung things I work with at office tudung lepas ofis mak oi you don't recognise them in their party gear and ciggies ...

be true to yourself and God - that matters nothing else!

psychomocha said...

AD: *sniggers?* - what are u implying, eh? :P

Akuani: can - pls go slap the wanker fer me. will tell u which gazebo he waiting under.

yeah - i dont hv to look so far la with the tudung examples. in my own family, oso got lah.... *shaking me head*

psychomocha said...

akuani - he's waiting under. (haiyo - forgot the 's)

Unknown said...

apa la you ... i ready lempang blue black you forget where ... aiya!! ;p