Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Losing my voice..

I have been sick since about a week ago. I've gone to see the same doctor twice and gotten 2 MCs week after week, but I still have not fully recovered from my bout of sickness. What I have now is a super sultry and soulful voice. Now, whenever I speak it sounds more like of a whisper than anything else. And today I was googling and discovered that I just might have laryngitis - which is what the medical experts refer to as hoarseness or losing of voice. So that might be it - maybe my voice aint super sultry and soulful, after all. It is just plan hoarse.

On one spectrum - losing your voice (temporarily, that is) can be good. Coz then you need not have to say much in meetings as well as not having to shout at your children etc. But my phone in the office still rings you see, and I am finding that I can't answer my calls properly.

Hmm.. that said - Maybe it WAS a blessing that I spilled water unto my hubby's spare handphone (which I was using coz my own handphone pun dah tamat riwayat) and shortcircuited it yesterday coz I guess, with laryngitis - there is no point of even communicating via phone, right? So i think the spilling of water was actually doing me more of a favour?? I dunno.

But that said, it is difficult not being able to speak and having to get your colleagues to receive your calls on your behalf and making them call others for you. I cant imagine what losing your voice permanently is like when losing it temporarily also spells out too much trouble. Let's hope that this laryngitis wont last long, as I read that it usually clears up within a week to ten days with or without medication. So in the meantine, I think I will just try to speak a lot less and rest my vocal chords and sip on more soothing Asam Jawa, Honey and Lemon drinks.

1 comment:

anfield devotee said...

Oca . . . the new Bonnie Tyler of Bangi . . .