Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Say Hello to Emran Muhaimin


Hello World. This is me, Emran Muhaimin. I thought I'd grace my Mak Long's blogpage today. :)
I was delivered last week at the Hospital Pakar Annur Bandar Baru Bangi via normal delivery, thanks to the patience and assistance from my mother's gynaecologist - Dr Fatimah Mustafa and was also pleased to see my family's Paediatrician, Dr Arbaiyah there too. I was born, after 39 weeks gestation on a Thursday, the 6th November 2008 - in the wee hours of the morning at 1.05am, tipped the weighing scale at 2.65kg and was 50cm long at birth.
My mom complained of some leaking and staining the day before i.e. the Wednesday 5th November 2008 and she was admitted at about 9am with only 1cm opening. I almost wanted to make an appearance via caesarean op, but thank god the door dilated fully at 12.50am and I finally found my way out at 1.05am.
I was exhausted at birth and had also passed meconium which caused my mom's gynae and my paed to be worried sick about my condition. My mom was also a diagnosed GBS carrier, which could put me at risk too - which caused them to worry even more about me.
I barely cried at birth due to my exhaustion, but after a minute of spanking, made my first cry. I had to be in the incubator the first few hours of my life. I would like to applaud my Mama, Sofia for a job well done during labour and on being a first time mother. I love you Mama.
I would also like to thank my Ayah - Ikram for staying put next to my mom, holding her hand and reassuring her everything was gonna be alright. Thank you also to both my grandparents (both sides) and to all my uncles, aunties and cousins who came by to visit my Mama when I was still in my Mama's tum tums and praying for a safe delivery of me.
I am doing alright. I was in the incubator day 1 in the hospital, was without it day 2 in the hospital, turned a bit jaundice day 3 and returned home day 4. I just had my 1st check up at the paed's yesterday and she's quite pleased with my progress.
I have also been told I am a very well behaved and good baby. I cry only when necessary - that is when I am hungry. I have a really cute cry, that makes people smile for some reason. I cant do much nowadays. I just would prefer to sleep and feel cosy all wrapped up with my nice warm blanket.
Thank you Mak Long for allowing me to post this blog today. Oh and before I forget, I would like to thank everybody for the lovely baby gifts and duit raya and to Mak Long, for giving me my first ever toy.
Do come and visit my mom and me when you can. At the moment, we're doing just fine adjusting to each other. And I am growing to be one healthy and cute baby. I love you all loads.

3 comments:

anfield devotee said...

Many congrats to baby & mum!

KaiserSoze said...

this is so sweet

psychomocha said...

thank you anfield devotee :)

aww.. thanks for the compliment erus - nice to see you here. come visit again k?