Saturday, November 15, 2008

Zarif's and Faris's 1st Kindy Concert

Yesterday was Zarif's and Faris's 1st ever kindy concert. Mind you, it was the Kindy (Tadika Ixora)'s 24th Annual Concert *see how long this kindy's been around*. We were excited. We had seen some sneak previews of their moves previously and we knew it was a dance number. Just that no clue what kinda dance number it was... until we saw the invitation from the kindy earlier in the week last week.. It stated - Pom pom dance by the Nursery Group. Ahh.. *Kinda makes your heart melt, doesnt it?* Hehe.

Anyway - I had gotten Zarif ready in his CARS attire, which was provided by the Kindy - (it was a red short sleeved shirt, with an inner white sleeveless lil tee and jeans - with Lightning McQueen's pix all over it), right after we came back from having brekkie outside and right after feeding him lunch and sent him to Esset in Sg Tangkas by 2pm as requested by the Kindy management. He was, needless to say - very excited! I was too. My lil boy was so excited, he even told me to just drop him off at the lobby area. I'm like noo.. I'm gonna send you into the hall ok? Heheh..

Show didnt start until 3.30pm, so I had time to just drop him off with his teachers and then go back to get ready. I noticed that it was a nice venue to hold the concert. Dewan Esset. At 3.30pm, I met my younger sisters there - Lisa and Didi were there already when we arrived and my parents also came to see their grandchildren's performance, and arrived just in time for Zarif's and Faris's show.

I remembered when the curtains were drawn back for the first welcoming performance by the Pre-School group, I could feel this overwhelming wave of emotion just going thru me. I could have just cried right there and then. I was elated yet very emotional to see the children's performances. I kept clapping my hands together so hard - applauding them for their wonderful hard work that I noticed some of the other parents kept looking back to see who was it who was clapping.. My goodness - I felt so good, it almost made me cry.

Anyways then it was the boy's performance - I stood up from where I was seated to get a better view. I saw that Faris was right in the centre and that Zarif was at the 2nd row furthest to the right. And they had lil pom poms in their hands. Ahhhh.. So sweet lar.

And they were dancing to "When the Saints come marching in".. Ahh.. bliss. I dont have pictures with me today for me to upload unto my blog - but we video recorded it. Let me figure out how to upload that and then you'd be able to see his show.. *For the senior/pro bloggers - can do ah such things? Uploading videos? If so, how?*

Haiyo my goodness - I was sooooo lah happy to see Zarif's performance. My eyes were just glued unto him. Nevermind Faris, *I barely looked at him - haha, evil aunty* But Zarif did his thing, just like a pro. He was just so into it - at times, he didnt really move in sync with the rest! Haha. But it was ok. I truly enjoyed his performance. *Hmm, wonder where he got all his talent from. Haha*

All in all - it was good. So much so, that we forgot about his school bag thereafter. I only realised that we left it at Esset last night at 11pm. I am just hoping that his principal would have taken it back with her to the kindy. So I will probably go and take it from her maybe tomorrow or something.

Anyways, my lil Zarif will be joining the Pre-Schoolers next year. So I guess we can expect more performances from him next year. My lil boy is turning into a young man - and so fast too..


No comments: