Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sapa buat??






This is Zarin Irdina Fitri, my daughter. She's 22 months old. She will be 2 this coming raya. The reason why I am putting her pix up in my blog is coz her elder brother, Zarif asked why I have not blogged about Nina. Yes, Zarif knew that I had blogged about him and his 'Smokers Unite' ad and so asked why I hadnt blogged about Nina. So this blog is for Nina.

I also thought I'd have her pix in here coz my mom brought an interesting question up with regards to Nina yesterday too. I was at my mom's preparing for buka and she had mentioned that she realised that Nina's vocabulary has increased profoundly in the past few months. Yes, Nina is talking way ahead of toddlers her age. Even her babysitter has mentioned that amongst all the kids she has taken care of the past 20 odd years, Nina is the first baby to speak sooooo early. You can hold a conversation with her and she's not even 2! Amazing..

Anyway, back to my story - My mom is of course pleased with Nina's vocab. But had pointed out that my mom had noticed that Nina is clever enough to ask Zarif 'Sapa buat?' whenever he starts crying. So when she told me this, I said ok, so? Then she just looked at me and made this face and started saying 'Hmm.. Nina must have gotten that phrase from the parents..'. That's all she said.

But that really made me ponder. I just kept quiet, not wanting to further question my mom what she meant by that. (My mom and I often get into heated debates more times than I want to..) Sigh..

So again I went to bed last nite - pondering.. Wondering..

Wouldnt you normally ask that question though whenever a child starts crying? I mean, I am sure kids would have to have a reason for crying in the first place and in the case of most children, they start crying either coz someone had taken away something they had been playing with or coz they got into a fight and had been hit by the other child or something like that, right? They even cry when they fall, kan? No? So naturally you'd ask 'Sapa buat?'.

I am confused. My mom says you should speak to your children as though they are adults. Sapa buat isn't, is it? I am still learning how to do this mother thing lah, you know. Whatever I do, it AlWAYS does not seem to be the right thing in my mom's eyes... and it bugs me every time!

Nina being chatty pun susah.. Tak chatty pun susah. Macammana ni?

1 comment:

anfield devotee said...

Nice pix.

Does this mean she gonna be a mouthy one? Not quite what you want in a daughter when she's 16 & dating some punk ass . . .

hee hee