Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sure, New Cabinets? Why not?

My mom told me yesterday that it was a very busy day for her at home. She and my sisters had to clear out all the kitchen cabinets to make way for new ones. Apparently, this guy was at her house installing new kitchen cabinets for her. This was yesterday about 1 week nearing Hari Raya. The good news is that she will have a new look in her kitchen come hari raya.. (hmm - will she?). The bad news is that from the looks of it and the rate the carpenters are working on this cabinet (v.e.r.y. s.l.o.w.) - it doesnt look like it'll be ready in time for raya..

I found out from Sofia today that the kitchen is, as I can imagine, in a total mess - coz practically everything had to be taken out from the old cabinets. Apparently also - no one could even enter the kitchen, it seems.. (dunno how they prepared for buka) and they even had to buka puasa last night and sahur this morning duduk bersila in the adjacent TV room. "Fuiyo, macam pindah rumah baru" Sofia said of the mess..

When asked what the new cabinets looked like now - my other sister, Lisa says the kitchen cabinets are still halfdone, and not with the finishing touches - but even still, it doesnt look pleasing at all. Dad of course only complained when he took a look at it last night when he came home. (Dad = paymaster)

So I am thinking - WHY? Why put yourself thru all the stress especially nearing a significant event? Beats me honestly. Anyways, I have already told Lisa to tell my mom to tell the supplier to get it done by end of this week, by hook or by crook. We shall just have to see.. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

anfield devotee said...

Like me said, what a cuckoo thing to do so close to Raya . . .

Sometimes me thinks womenfolk memang tak de kerja, so they invote these sort of unnecessary stress upon temselves . . .